We work with local authorities & communities to improve the lives of people with disabilities in Calderdale.
SUPPORT: Details of how vulnerable people can register for support with the Government and the Council:
NEWS: Updates on the Coronavirus, including the most important information sources; local support information and news of particular interest to people with a disability. Click on the links below for the latest updates:
Your News: Send us your news and updates – email us here
Coronavirus Key Advice Sources
- NHS – NHS’s key advice on coronavirus – NHS Website
- NHS – NHS’s online 111 Coronavirus service – NHS Website
- NHS – Advice for vulnerable people
- Government – Coronavirus: UK government’s response/advice
- Government – Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus Start now
- Calderdale Council – Advice and support
- Calderdale Council – Plan to support most vulnerable
- Money – Advice on your finances from Citizens’ Advice
- Coronavirus: a practical guide if you’re disabled
- NEWSLETTER – Sign up for our regular newsletters
- CANCELLED Next Open Meeting: Our next Open Meeting scheduled for Tuesday 24th March has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus precautions now in place across the country. We will re-schedule the meeting as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Previous Open Meeting: Our most recent open meeting was held on Tuesday January 28th 2020 – Report & Videos
Pavement Parking – We are gathering information on the problems caused for disabled people by pavement parking. We will be sharing this with Calderdale Council, with the aim of helping them to develop effective strategies to reduce the problem – Have Your Say
Halifax Leisure Centre Design – Calderdale Council are inviting members of the public to look at the latest design proposals for the new Halifax Leisure Centre – you can respond online. Consultation closes 1 April – Have your say
How does disability affect you? – At Disability Partnership Calderdale, we believe it’s vital to keep up to date with the day-to-day lives of people with disabilities and, in particular, with the challenges they face – Tell us how disability affects you
Individual Membership – Join Us Today: Apply to become a member of Disability Partnership Calderdale. Membership is FREE and open people with physical or sensory disabilities. Other people, including friends, families and carers can sign up for our newsletters – Join Us Today
Affiliate Membership – We work closely with a number of organisations across Calderdale who provide services for people with a disability. We call these organisations “affiliates”. – Become an Affiliate Organisation
More About Us
Our Aim: Our aim is to improve the quality of life of disabled people in Calderdale by working in partnership with service providers as critical friends to raise awareness of issues of concern. In a fun, vibrant, yet consultative and professional manner, we aim to address issues in our community so that service providers can make improvements to maximise access to mainstream services for people with disabilities, who are our main beneficiaries. Our Aims in Detail
Our Meetings: We hold bi-monthly membership meetings to involve and engage disabled people by working in partnership with service providers mainly in local authority, health and transport services. People with disabilities are given a voice and an opportunity to influence policy and service delivery. As a consequence, the disabled community is listened to and taken seriously thereby feel valued because they able to make a difference. Membership is free – join today
Advice & Information: Our organisation focuses on engaging, involving and informing disabled people about the many changes and developments to services, for example welfare benefit reform; social housing changes; health and social care provision. By bringing disabled people together we can deliver peer support and also address issues of loneliness or isolation that disabled people may have.
Download our latest leaflet – DPC Leaflet (3mb pdf file)
Useful Links: We maintain a page of useful links to organisations, bodies and groups of interest to our community.