Below are all the recent news items and advice features dedicated to mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak. There’s huge amounts of support out there. Please turn to the experts if you feel in need of help:
Mental Health support in Calderdale:
If you’re feeling concerned or overwhelmed by the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), it’s understandable. The list of organisations below to help you support your mental health and wellbeing. Please share this list with friends and family members of all ages. For information on domestic abuse, please see our page dedicated to the issue.
Calderdale NHS: A 24 hour mental health helpline (0800 183 0558) has been launched for anyone with a GP in Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield, Leeds & Barnsley.
The service will provide support, advice & signposting for people with mental health conditions, learning disabilities and their carers.
OpenMinds Calderdale – http://openmindscalderdale.org
Whether you’re a young person, parent/carer or professional looking for information and advice about coronavirus, OpenMinds has dedicated support to help you. OpenMinds have great support tools for children and young people.
Healthy Minds Calderdale – http://healthymindscalderdale.
Healthy Minds is a Calderdale local mental health charity. They’re dedicated to providing support and offer a range of services to help you find what works for you to improve and maintain your emotional health and wellbeing. They also run their “Safespace” programme which provides evening and weekend mental health support.
Kooth – https://kooth.com/
Kooth is a free, safe anonymous online counselling and support service for children and young people aged 10 to 25. Young people can access Kooth’s counselling service and self-help resources, such as ’10 ways you can manage coronavirus panic.’
Unmasked Mental Health – https://unmaskedmentalhealth.c
Unmasked provide a safe stable regulated platform, for users to communicate with each other, create bonds and friendships. Download the free app available on IOS and Android.
Andy’s Man Club – Twitter | Instagram: @andysmanclubuk – Facebook: /AndysManClub
Andy’s Man Club is a peer support group for men. They’re using their closed Facebook groups to keep in contact with members. Follow them on social media to find out how you can access support.
Every Mind Matters – https://nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mi
nhs.uk have provided advice and tips on how to maintain your mental wellbeing whilst staying at home. This includes things you can do to maintain your mental wellbeing and how to deal with anxiety about the coronavirus outbreak.
Samaritans – http://samaritans.org/
Samaritans have gathered some helpful resources if you’re worried about how COVID-19 is affecting the way you live during the outbreak. You can also call them free, day or night, 365 days a year on 116 123.
Lets Talk Loneliness: A campaign, initially launched last year, but now being ramped up during lockdown, is being supported by famous faces across social media. More information can be found at https://letstalkloneliness.co.uk/ – See also – Six Tips To Tackle Loneliness
NHS Mental Health
NHS mental health services 01924 316830 (open 24 hrs a day)
Domestic Abuse Support – see separate section
More Mental Health links and organisations
- Calderdale CCG – Looking after your emotional health and wellbeing
- Mental Health Foundation – Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Mind – Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Anxiety UK – #coronanxiety support and resources
- Every Mind Matters provides simple tips and advice to start taking better care of your mental health. If you are still struggling after several weeks and it is affecting your daily life, please contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
- You can access free easy ten minute work outs from Public Health England or try other exercise videos at home on the NHS Fitness Studio. Sport England also has tips for keeping active at home.
- The Every Mind Matters sleep page provides practical advice on how to improve your sleep.
- Visit the NHS mental health and wellbeing advice website for self-assessment, audio guides and practical tools, if you are experiencing stress, feelings of anxiety or low mood.
- If you already have a mental health problem, you can access comprehensive guidance provided by Mind.
Safeguarding & Child-Abuse Support
- Childline is a national helpline for children and young people up to 19 years of age. Call freephone 0800 1111 (available 24 hours a day).
- Abuse and Neglect: Safeguarding risks such as abuse and neglect may increase during isolation. If you are in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police. They will continue to respond to emergency calls. If you are in danger and cannot talk on the phone, dial 999 and then press 55. This will transfer your call to the relevant police force who will assist you without you having to speak.
- Refuge: Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247 – for women and children against domestic violence: https://www.refuge.org.uk/
- Domestic Abuse – support and advice
Latest Mental Health Support, News and Articles
- Some people love change, however, many people find change hard. As covid restrictions lift there will be people that will relish new opportunities and there will be people who feel anxious about the ‘new normal’, living with …
- Noticing Nature (Allotment) Monday 14th June, 11.00-12.30pm During such uncertain times, making time to relax and switch off from events out of our control has never been so important for mental health and wellbeing. Using our 5 …
- Mental Health Awareness Week takes place from 10 to 16 May 2021. Here’s a new Office For National Statistics (ONS) report looking at Coronavirus and depression in adults, Great Britain: January to March 2021. It includes …
- Healthy Minds Calderdale are offering you a 10 week wellbeing course. Learn how to look after your health and wellbeing through the practice of Yoga. The course is for all levels, you don’t need to have done Yoga before, …
- Take a look at the upcoming courses and regular workshops and groups from Healthy Minds Calderdale. For the present everything is run over zoom with joining instructions emailed before the sessions. Workshops, Courses and Groups …
- Here are Healthy Minds Calderdale’s latest Workshops, Courses & Groups running for the period April – June 2021 To book or for further details: Email: Nicky@healthymindscalderdale.co.uk Or call: 01422 345154 For wider …
- The UK Government has launched a plan to prevent, mitigate and respond to the mental health impacts of the pandemic during 2021 to 2022. Here’s their brief introduction to the plan, along with a link to the full document. …
- Here’s a quick reminder from our friends at Calderdale council of a few of the mental health resources available to everyone in Calderdale – also visit our Mental Health Page for lots more options and places to turn. …
- If you are 16 or over, female or male and have experienced any form of Domestic Abuse, Calderdale Staying Safe are here to help you. They have diverse, experienced and skilled staff, female and male that can assist you and where …
- Workshops, Courses & Groups from Calderdale mental health specialists Healthy Minds, coming up in March 2021 Exploring Personal Values (two-part course) Tuesday 16th & 30th March, 11am-12.30pm When we are connected to …