Welcome to our consultations page. Here we highlight consultations that are currently being run by Government, local authorities, health bodies and by organisations with an interest in people with disabilities. We believe that having our say is an important part of making the lives of all people with disabilities better.
- Have your say on the transformational proposals to provide improvements to Halifax Railway Station. Calderdale Council, in partnership with the West Yorkshire Combined Authority, is working to provide improvements to Halifax …more
- The Disability Unit at the Cabinet Office is developing a National Strategy for Disabled People. Publication is planned for Spring 2021. To help the Government with understanding the barriers that disabled people face and how to …more
- UK Research and Innovation have funded a new research project that is looking to find out more about the experiences of people with a learning disability of the coronavirus pandemic. This research is being led by Professor …more
- Mark Burns-Williamson OBE, West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner has launched his latest ‘Community Conversation’ survey, inviting residents across West Yorkshire to share their views on the impact of Covid-19, police …more
- This is an update from the Cross-Government Disability Unit, based in Westminster, with particular focus on shopping and making shops more accessible for disabled people during the pandemic. And how disabled people can feed back …more
- Whether it’s in a public place or online, and because of race, sexuality or disability, being targeted and experiencing a hate crime can be incredibly traumatic and unsettling. That’s why Disability Horizons, the …more