– Financial Advice & Information For Disabled People
Disability Support Calderdale help disabled people to fill out funding applications for benefits and other financial support and have seen a huge increase in requests for support due to people losing work, contracts, benefits and benefit assessments being cancelled.
Most of DSC’s work is usually done face-to-face but as a result of the Coronavirus situation, they are operating over the phone and internet.
DSC offer ‘person-centred’ support, with issues that people with disabilities and long-term health conditions face in their daily lives, such as:
• Attendance Allowance;
• Carer’s Allowance;
• Children’s Disability Living Allowance (CDLA);
• Employment and Support Allowance (ESA);
• Personal Independence Payment (PIP);
• Universal Credit; etc.
• They offer a voice to the people they support;
• Signpost the people they support to other organisations where appropriate;
• Help secure peoples’ rights.
• They are not able to offer advice; they are able to offer information only.
• Support with accessing services.
They offer tribunal preparatory work, but do NOT offer representation.