Here’s a new consultation being run by West Yorkshire Combined Authority and Tracy Brabin, the Mayor of West Yorkshire:
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority believes the way local buses are run needs to change to achieve our ambitions for better buses in West Yorkshire. All information, including their questionnaire, can be found on our Your Voice engagement platform page here.
This consultation runs until 7 January 2024.
Drop In Events, Dates, Times and Locations:
- Monday 23 October; 10am- 1pm; Thornton Lodge Action Group
- Brook Street, Thornton Lodge, Huddersfield, HD1 3JW
- Tuesday 24 October; 1pm- 4pm; Yorkshire Children’s Centre
- Yorkshire Children’s Centre, Jo Cox House, Batley, WF17 5DR
- Wednesday 25 October; 10am- 1pm; Karmand Community Centre
- Barkerend Road, Bradford, BD3 9EP
- Thursday 26 October; 12pm- 3pm; Ground Floor Project
- Salem Community Centre, Central St, Hebden Bridge, HX7 6HB
- Saturday 28 October; 11am- 2pm; Halifax Borough Market
- 19 Albion St, Halifax, HX1 1DU
- Monday 30 October; 10am- 1pm; St Swithuns Community Centre
- Arncliffe Road, Wakefield, WF1 4RR
- Tuesday 31 October; 10am- 1pm; The Reginald Centre
- 263 Chapeltown Road, Leeds, LS7 3EX
- Wednesday 1 November; 10am- 1pm; St Mary’s Community Centre
- The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract, WF8 2AY
- Thursday 2 November; 10am- 1pm; Hamara Healthy Living Centre
- Tempest Road, Leeds, LS11 8RD
- Monday 6 November; 9am- 12pm; West End Centre
- St Oswald’s Church, Christopher Street, Little Horton, Bradford, BD5 9DH
We will also be hosting some online webinars as part of this consultation. During the webinars you will have the opportunity to hear about the consultation and ask your own questions to the project team.
Webinar Dates and Times:
- Wednesday 8 November; 5pm- 6pm; Click here to Register
- December- To be confirmed
If you are unable to access our events and would like to chat to a member of the project team, please contact us using the contact information below.
Contact us via:
- Our Questions & Answers tool on the Bus Reform Webpage: Submit your questions and we will get back to you
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0113 245 7676 (MetroLine)
- Post: FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM WYCA
Buses are the most used form of public transport in West Yorkshire, with over 1.7 million bus journeys taken each week – but the number of passenger journeys are in long term decline and the industry faces many challenges with the way buses are currently run.
We believe the way local buses are run needs to change to improve the local bus system for our communities who rely on it. The information in this consultation explains why we recommend bus franchising is the right way to do this, based on the assessment of the Proposed Franchising Scheme.
The Consultation Document sets out our plan for franchising in West Yorkshire and how this could be introduced. It also explores an alternative option we assessed, the Enhanced Partnership Plus (EP+), which details what else the Combined Authority and bus operators could do to improve local buses through the current legal framework. These two bus reform options are compared to the way buses are currently run, the Enhanced Partnership Reference Case.
We welcome your views and comments
This consultation is open to all individuals or organisations. We want your views, whether you currently use the bus or not.
You are invited to provide your feedback by completing our questionnaire on Your Voice and we welcome any additional feedback by email or letter should you wish to say more. Responses via letter should be signed by the appropriate person providing the response and include their full name and job title. All responses will be received and processed by the Combined Authority and shared with our partner agency ‘DJS Research’ to be analysed as part of the consultation process.
All feedback will be considered by the Combined Authority and the Mayor. The Mayor’s decision on whether or not to make the Proposed Franchising Scheme is currently expected in March 2024.
If you have any questions, need to respond in a different way or require consultation materials in a different format, you can get in touch with us via:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone: 0113 245 7676 (MetroLine)
• Post: FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM WYCA