We’ll begin by enjoying a relaxed buffet lunch with you, before moving on to our familiar questions and answers sessions and presentations. This meeting will include a couple of interesting and topical presentations (see below).
As usual, we will make time to chat as a group and to meet you all one-to-one, so you can share any private issues you might want to discuss with us. You are welcome to come along just for the lunch and a chat, or to stay on for the main meeting afterwards. We also welcome anyone who just wants to come for the meal and a chat!
- Date: Tuesday 24 October
- Venue: The King’s Centre, Park Road, Halifax HX1 2TS – the King’s Centre is an accessible venue, with a shallow entry ramp, accessible toilets and we will be on the ground floor throughout. See picture below.
- Schedule: Doors open at 12:00 noon – Buffet – chance to chat, with our trustees and workers.
– Meeting starts 13:00
– Meeting ends 14:00
- Travel Expenses: These are available for any Calderdale residents with a disability who use public transport to visit the meeting (train, bus, taxi). Simply bring your travel receipt with you and we will reimburse you at the meeting (including homeward fare). Car drivers can claim 45p per mile (within Calderdale). Ask at the registration desk when you arrive.
- Refreshments: A free buffet lunch will be available before the meeting, including hot and cold drinks.
- Booking: There’s no need to book a place – simply turn up on the day.
- Presentation 1: Ian Hardcastle and his mobile police museum – a collection of historic and vintage police exhibits from the late 1800’s through two world wars to modern times. The collection includes uniforms, head gear, handcuffs and truncheons, police technology, working police radios, modern police riot wear, equipment from WW2 and much more. The presentation is designed to be both educational and fun and involves the audience. Volunteers can help to demonstrate the equipment but the whole audience is involved as we pass around the exhibits as we talk. Everyone is encouraged to try the items, see how they feel, work and even wear them.
- Presentation 2: Electoral Outreach Officer to speak about the ongoing Annual Canvass of Electors and future elections.