Following on from the success of our recent Shibden Scooter Social event, we are running three more short walks, suitable for wheelchairs, powered scooters and people with mobility issues. Each walk will be 1km long and is expected to take between 20 and 30 minutes to complete. You will be accompanied on the walks by a Disability Partnership Calderdale worker, who will ensure you don’t get lost.
Walk 1 – Wednesday 26th July
Walk 2 – Wednesday 9th August
Walk 3 – Wednesday 23rd August
- Time: 11am (please arrive for 10.45am and be ready to walk at 11am)
- Where: Meet at the Space@Field Lane, Burnsall Road, Field Lane HD6 3JT – next door to Field Lane Primary School. On street parking is available on Burnsall Road and surrounding roads. Please be careful not to block driveways or access points.
- Facilities: Accessible toilets are available at the Space.
- Afterwards: We will be providing a free hot or cold drink and snack for all participants at the Space@Field Lane Cafe after the walks.
- Register: To help us plan, if possible, please email us or text us with your name and the date you will be joining us – Email: email@example.com
Tel: 0771 612 2897
These short “walks” will take place on the pavements of the Field Lane estate. These are suitable for wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs and pushchairs with smooth surfaces and dropped curbs all the way round. The walk will be led at the pace of the slowest participant. Time: 20 to 30 minutes.
Video of the route:
We are running these “walks” in partnership with Calderdale Forum 50 Plus, the older people’s organisation, who developed 3-2-1 Walks Rastrick, three easy-to-follow walks, in conjunction with Active Calderdale. We are grateful to both organisations for their support in running these events.
More About 3-2-1 Walks Rastrick
Build your fitness and improve your health with 3-2-1 Walks from Active Calderdale. Choose from three easy-to-follow routes and see how far you can walk in a week or a month. Getting active by walking regularly can improve both your physical and mental health. Our short, easy-to-follow walks can be enjoyed alone or in the company of family and friends. More Info