This is the latest newsletter from Halifax Society for the Blind CIO
To join all of our Zoom sessions, use the details below:
Link – https://zoom.us/j/9683947679
Phone – On any phone, dial 0131 460 1196, then enter the meeting ID 968 394 7679,
HSB News and Events
Welcome to our new bi-weekly news and events bulletin.
HSB are delighted to be able to announce the news that we have a new Chief Officer joining the staff team. Ken Sanderson will take up the post on Wednesday 17th May and is looking forward to his new role.
- Brighouse Group – Every Monday at Brighouse Rest Centre from 12.30pm-2.30pm
- Zoom Group – Every Tuesday via Zoom at 11am-12pm
- Halifax Group – First 3 Wednesday’s of every month at the Maurice Jagger Centre from 2:15pm-3:45pm
- Guide Dog Group– Weds 17th May at The Good Mood Café from 11am
- Fun & Games Group – Every Thursday via Zoom at 11:30am-12:30pm
- Chairobics – Every Friday via Zoom at 10am–10.30am
- Bowling Group – Every Friday at Electric Bowl Halifax from 11am
- Please note the groups on the 25th and 26th May are cancelled due to the office move
- Walking Group – We are pleased to announce the start of our very own walking group! The first walk is on Tuesday 16th May at Ogden Water from 11am. If you are unable to join us on this walk maybe you could come along to the next one which is on Tuesday 27th June at Shibden Park from 11am. Call the office for further information.
- Theatre Group – The next Theatre Group Trip is on Wednesday 14th June to see Buddy Holly Story at the Alhambra Theatre Bradford from 2pm. Places are limited
- Other Event Alerts Out and About Trips – Community Transport are now offering Spring trips available for £10. Pick up locations include Central Halifax, Upper Valley and Lower Valley. Call 01422 888080 for more information.
- Eat Out Group – Thursday 18th May – Colombo By Ayubowan, a Sri Lankan restaurant. For more information contact Angela on 07791134362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Healthy Minds – 16th -21st May is Mental Health Awareness Week and to mark this occasion Healthy Minds will be having a pop-up garden in The Piece Hall Courtyard. On Saturday 20th May there will be taster sessions, arts and crafts, performances by The Peace Artistes and more To register your interest or find out more information about any HSB groups or events, contact our office on 01422 352 383