- Cost of Living Advice: Find help in Calderdale with the following: Money, debt and benefits advice; Electricity, gas and water bills; Children, young people and families; Health and well-being; Employment skills and business support; Food; Housing; Paying your rent; Paying your Council Tax; Tackling poverty in Calderdale
- Apply for benefits: If you are eligible you can apply for a council tax reduction or housing benefit. You will need your address history, employment history and income & savings information to hand.
- Council Tax: Pay your bill and more: View your council tax account / Pay your council tax / Help if you’re struggling to pay your council tax bill
- Recognising that people are worried about the cost of living, the government is offering help for households. See what cost of living support you could be eligible for on their dedicated website: costoflivingsupport.campaign.gov.uk/
- The Help for Households campaign gives clear information about the exceptional payments, energy support and existing support schemes available, so the public know what is available and where they can find help. There is a website to support the campaign and the homepage brings together over 40 support schemes that the public may be able to access depending on eligibility. Additionally, a range of online tools will help citizens quickly and efficiently check the support they might be eligible for and how to access it.
Advice and support from Citizen’s Advice
- Dealing with Debt and money issues
- Help with Budgeting Tools from Citizen’s Advice to help you work out a budget.
- Your employment rights at work Support if you have concerns about your employment contract, working conditions or right to time off work.
- Citizens Advice share insights from across their service on how the crisis is affecting the people they help. They’ll be updating this dashboard every month tracking how the cost-of-living crisis is changing. View Dashboard (click on arrows to navigate to later pages)