We’ll begin by enjoying a relaxed buffet lunch with you, before moving on to our familiar questions and answers sessions and presentations.
So far, we have two guests joining us in October.
- Ian Gledhill who is the Electoral Outreach Officer and will update us on elections in the area.
- Laura Beesley who is the Active Calderdale support worker for VAC. We have signed up to the program
with Laura’s help will be looking to encourage members to get more active in ways that work for them.
We will also make time to chat as a group and to meet you all one-to-one, so you can share any private issues you might want to discuss with us. You are welcome to come along just for the lunch and a chat, or to stay on for the main meeting afterwards. We also welcome anyone who just wants to come for the meal and a chat!
- Date: Tuesday 25 October
- Venue: The King’s Centre, Park Road, Halifax HX1 2TS – the King’s Centre is an accessible venue, with a shallow entry ramp, accessible toilets and we will be on the ground floor throughout. See picture below.
- Schedule: Doors open at 12:00 noon – Buffet (including gluten-free options) – chance to chat, with our trustees and workers.
– Meeting starts 13:00
– Meeting ends 15:00
- Travel Expenses: These are available for any Calderdale residents with a disability who use public transport to visit the meeting (train, bus, taxi). Simply bring your travel receipt with you and we will reimburse you at the meeting (including homeward fare). Car drivers can claim 45p per mile (within Calderdale). Ask at the registration desk when you arrive.
- Refreshments: A free buffet lunch will be available before the meeting, including hot and cold drinks and vegetarian options.
- Booking: There’s no need to book a place – simply turn up on the day.