Avoiding Fuel Poverty in Calderdale

There are three types of support available to help people out of fuel poverty. If you are unsure of the type of support that is needed, please make a referral to CAB below who will make any onward referrals that are necessary to Newground Together and/or Calderdale Council.

Advice on reading meters, switching energy companies and managing energy debts, energy saving tips, accessing financial support schemes (including ECO) and help with some small measures.

Provider: Citizens Advice Calderdale (CAB)
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9.30-13.00 and Tue 4.00- 5.30pm
Contact: 0808 2787879 or http://www.calderdalecab.org.uk (use contact form)

Emergency fuel vouchers. There are two schemes open currently and staff will ensure those eligible receive support from the Power Calderdale or Energy Redress scheme to pay energy bills.

Provider: Newground Together
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm
Contact: referrals@newground.co.uk
Residents cannot access fuel vouchers directly and need to be referred by a professional (Call the CAB for advice on this)

Energy efficiency improvements to reduce bills through advice, repairs and insulation (includes temporary electric radiators, small heating repairs, boiler replacements and room in room, loft and cavity wall insulation).

Provider: Calderdale Council (CMBC)
Opening hours: Mon- Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm
Contact: heat@calderdale.gov.uk or 01422 392199