Reporting Pavement Obstructions

If you encounter obstructions on pavements in Calderdale and wish to report them, these are your options:


Obstructions caused by parked vehicles should be reported to the police on their non-emergency number by telephoning 101.

  • Calderdale Council do not have the power to move parked vehicles from the highway.
  • For any other queries relating to Street Works, licences or obstructions, not on this page, contact Street Works directly:

Permanent obstructions

Residents should ensure that walls and gardens are not extended onto the adopted highway and that gates open in such a way that they are not causing an obstruction. Calderdale Council has the right to remove such obstructions and to recharge the costs involved. For any concerns regarding the above, contact Street Works directly: