West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership (WY HCP) is all set to run an area wide ‘Together We Can’ campaign this winter. The campaign started in Calderdale and Kirklees is being rolled out across West Yorkshire to help people access health and care services at the right time and place.
The campaign encourages people to choose well and to opt for convenient self-care, where safe to do so during the winter months.
If everyone ‘chooses well’ it could really make a difference to already stretched services. Together we can make a real difference.
The campaign has an easy to navigate website [togetherwe-can.com]. Here you will find help and advice and tips for keeping well this winter, as well as other useful information on how to stay healthy.
Together we can protect each other this winter. Together we can make a real difference so please:
- Access online services. You can book appointments or order repeat prescriptions through the NHS App. Visit 111.nhs.uk or call 111 if you need urgent medical help 24/7.
- Remember GP practices are here to help and will ensure you get the right care appropriate for your needs.
- Be COVID-19 aware. Take up vaccines and boosters and get a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Stay safe by following the latest COVID-19 restrictions.
- Get the Flu vaccine. If you’re over 50, pregnant or have a long-term medical condition, get your free flu jab today.
- Take good care this winter there’s lots you can do to stay well and protect yourselves and others around you this winter.
- Visit your local community pharmacy for medical advice and treatments for things like colds, tummy troubles, rashes, and pains.
- We can all spread the kindness this winter by looking out for each other and our neighbours. Visit: ourneighbours.org.uk