Here’s the November newsletter from Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
Firstly, we are delighted to tell you that Hearing Dogs has been chosen as a finalist to become Pets at Home’s charity for their Summer Fundraising Appeal next year.
If enough Pets at Home colleagues kindly vote for us, the retailer will be fundraising for Hearing Dogs in stores all across the UK for four weeks in July 2022, which could raise lots of money to help us train more amazing hearing dogs and change the lives of more deaf people.
If you, or anyone you know, work at Pets at Home, please consider voting for us. Or if you shop at Pets at Home, please feel free to mention to the store team on your next visit that you are a supporter of Hearing Dogs. You might just swing the vote in our direction! Thank you.
In this edition of your newsletter, as well as getting an exclusive look at what our adorable pups have been learning in their training, you will meet Star – a sweet cockapoo pup who has just started her journey to becoming a life-changing hearing dog.
You will also meet 16-year-old Ryan and his hearing dog Harris. Harris makes life so much easier for Ryan, by alerting him to sounds and providing lots of comfort – helping to reduce his anxiety. Dogs like Harris are only able to be trained thanks to your kind support so, as ever, a huge thank you.
We hope you enjoy this month’s newsletter.
- Twinkle, twinkle little Star: Star’s a dedicated, driven and determined pup, in a small, sweet body. Sponsor her for yourself or as a gift for someone else, and you’ll help a deaf person to reconnect with life. See more fab photos of Star here >
- This month in training: Bracken and Nelson are perfect passengers, Biscuit found some very spooky items, and there’s wonderful news for cocker spaniel Kes. All this and more as we take a look at what our clever pups have been learning. Go behind the scenes here >
- Six videos full of hearing dog pups having fun: Hands up if you want to see adorable hearing dog pups having lots of fun? Six of the cutest videos featuring dogs at all different stages of their training. Watch the videos here >
- “My hearing dog Harris knows when I need him”:16-year-old Ryan has battled anxiety all his life. Now, hearing dog Harris sits up and rests his head reassuringly on Ryan’s arm as if to say: “I’m here, you’re safe, don’t worry, everything’s OK”. Read Ryan and Harris’s story here >
- A great gift for someone special or a treat for yourself! Treat someone special to a delicious Afternoon Tea at our stunning restaurant in the heart of the Chiltern Hills. Classic, Sparkling or Gin & Tonic gift vouchers are available to buy from £15.95 each. Buy your gift vouchers here >
- Happy faces in public places After a period of not being able to train in public places during the pandemic, we have gently reintroduced our clever pups to environments such as shops and restaurants, as well as making a return to practising on public transport. See how our training has picked up again here >
- Santa Paws: Festive fun run! Santa Paws is a sponsored Christmas fun run – and dogs are welcome! Take part in a festive event at The Grange, Saunderton on Sunday 28 November – or a ‘virtual’ fun run wherever you like – and raise money to change deaf people’s lives. Find out more here >
You might also like: