Gateway to Care, Calderdale Council’s social care arm want to hear from unpaid carers in the area. Here’s what they are saying about the engagement:
Do you work with unpaid carers or know any unpaid carers? Every other year the National Government ask all Local Councils that provide social care to adults, to take part in a national survey of people caring for those who access social care services. The survey should have taken place last year but was delayed for one year because of COVID-19. If you work with unpaid carers or know any unpaid carers please can you help with giving them a gentle reminder to complete the survey, please see more information below;
- Letters went out to all carers known to Gateway to Care, in the first week of October
- All the details that carers need are in the letter that comes with the questionnaire
- Please return the survey in the pre-paid envelope that was sent with the letter
- We need some more responses, so a second letter will be sent out week commencing 1st November.
- There is no obligation on carers to complete the survey, but for those who want to take part, the return date has been extended to 19th November.
For requests and enquiries about this survey carers can contact Gateway to Care on 01422 393000 (Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.30pm and Friday 8.45am to 5 pm) or Email: GatewayToCare@Calderdale.gov.uk