Our next Open Meeting will be on Tuesday October 26th. We’d love you to join us for this friendly, sociable get together which is free to attend, includes a free buffet lunch and where you can also claim your travel expenses!
We’ll begin by enjoying a relaxed buffet lunch with you, before moving on to introduce two important presentation and answer sessions, by Citizens Advice Calderdale and Yorkshire Water.
We will also make time to chat as a group and to meet you all one-to-one, so you can share any private issues you might want to discuss with us. You are welcome to come along just for the lunch and a chat, or to stay on for the main meeting afterwards.
The Main Meeting
Citizens Advice Calderdale will be looking at the issues surrounding heating, staying warm and saving money through the winter months, with questions and answers and one-to-one chat for anyone requiring personal advice.
Yorkshire Water will be explaining about their Priority Services Register, which has many benefits for people with disabilities. Again, there will be a chance to chat afterwards.
- Date: Tuesday 26th October
- Venue: The King’s Centre, Park Road, Halifax HX1 2TS – the King’s Centre is an accessible venue, with a shallow entry ramp, accessible toilets and we will be on the ground floor throughout.
– Doors open at 12:00 noon – Buffet (including gluten-free options)
– Meeting starts 13:00
– Meeting ends 15:00
- Travel Expenses: These are available for any Calderdale residents with a disability who use public transport to visit the meeting (train, bus, taxi). Simply bring your travel receipt with you and we will reimburse you at the meeting (including homeward fare). Car drivers can claim 45p per mile (within Calderdale). Ask at the registration desk when you arrive.
- Refreshments: A free buffet lunch will be available before the meeting, including hot and cold drinks and gluten-free options.
- Please confirm your attendance: To help us with our catering, please let us know if you are coming by filling in the short form below. Thank you!