Starting Line is a free seven-week pre-employment group support course, delivered by Scope and there are places locally in November. The course consists of 14 modules, delivered on 2 half days a week, plus a weekly one to one with an Employment Adviser. they work with disabled people to:
• Understand individual career goals and create a tailored action plan.
• Grow in confidence and independence.
• Write a CV.
• Develop interview skills.
• Develop core employability skills such as assertiveness and time management.
• Discuss reasonable adjustments and speak positively about disability.
• Find and apply for work, volunteering, training, or education opportunities.
The service is open to people who are:
• Disabled – including if you have a mental health condition (e.g. anxiety, depression), learning difficulty, physical or sensory impairment, autism, and long-term health conditions.
• Aged 16 and over.
Referrals for Starting Line can be made by completing the referral form on their website.
They are more than happy to speak to people first, prior to them signing up, to make sure it is the correct provision for them. Plus they can provide adjustments, if needed, to access the service.
Please call: Sue – 07734 540 763 / Emma – 07776 650 740 / Andy – 07767 111 854