The latest edition of Look Out! – HSB’s newsletter is now out.
Inside this issue, you’ll find out about:-
- A major announcement about the fantastic new premises that HSB will be moving to soon,
- An inspirational story of travelling abroad,
- Important updates about local transport, Access Bus, and Community Transport,
- An update about our latest online and face to face activities programme,
- Volunteering opportunities at HSB,
- Brand new to Calderdale: Living Well With Sight Loss course – coming soon,
- How to use Alexa with RNIB Talking Book,
- West Yorkshire Sight Loss Council,
Also, Andrew Lomas Opticians in Elland are holding an indoor plant sale to raise funds for Halifax Society for the Blind. There will be various plants and cuttings (unrooted/rooted) to choose from. Maranta’s, Calathea’s, Mother of Thousands, String of hearts, Snake plants, Parlour palm babies and more! The sale will be held at Andrew Lomas Optician’s, 31 Southgate, Elland, Halifax, HX5 0BW, on Thursday 30th September and Friday 1st October between 12 and 5pm. If you are able, please pop along and support this event, or please print the attached flyer for your community organisation or workplace.