Don’t miss the chance to shape the future of the benefits system by responding to the Shaping future support: the health and disability green paper consultation.
The 12-week consultation closes on 11 October.
This green paper considers the options for addressing some of the short- to medium-term issues in health and disability benefits. It will also start a discussion about the opportunities for wider change to deliver on the objectives of the health and disability benefit system.
We are consulting on the following aspects of our support for disabled people and people with health conditions:
- Ways to provide more support to help meet the needs of disabled people and people with health conditions and allow them to more easily access and use benefits and services.
- Improve employment support for disabled people and people with health conditions, and how to encourage people to take up that support, where possible.
- Short-term improvements to our current services such as improvements to assessments and decision making, to improve the experience of disabled people.
- Changes to future assessments and alternative approaches.
- Changes that could be made to the structure of the main benefits claimed by working-age disabled people and people with health conditions.
It is running alongside a series of consultation events with disabled people and those with health conditions and their representatives. This includes face-to-face events in the following locations, with more to come:
Wrexham – Tuesday 14 September Improving the design of the benefits system
Canterbury – Thursday 16 September Employment Support
Bournemouth – Thursday 23 September Improving the design of the benefits system
Leeds – Tuesday 28 September Employment Support
Glasgow – Wednesday 29 September Rethinking Assessments