The Safeguarding Children Partnership, Safeguarding Adult Board and Calderdale organisations present Safeguarding Week 2021 to raise awareness about safeguarding children and adults and the importance that safeguarding is everyone’s business.
This virtual Safeguarding Week 2021 Programme provides a varied offer that includes live online learning sessions, live chats, pre-recorded videos, webinars and podcasts, as well as useful links to research reports and other; all aimed at practitioners, managers and members of the public.
The programme has daily themes based on safeguarding priorities for Calderdale:
- Monday: Safeguarding is everyone’s business
- Tuesday: Mental Health, Substance misuse, and Stress of Carers
- Wednesday: Domestic Abuse (with a focus on hidden abuse)
- Thursday: Trauma Informed Practice
- Friday: Online Safety, Exploitation, Scams and Radicalisation
It also includes some good practice examples and positive stories about the changes to services during the Covid-19 pandemic.