The NHS has teamed up with law enforcement and security agencies to warn the public not to fall victim to fraudsters trying to exploit the coronavirus vaccine campaign. Criminals are claiming they can offer the vaccine at a cost and asking for personal information that could be used to steal bank details.
- The vaccine is free of charge. At no point will you be asked to pay.
- The NHS will never ask you for your bank account or card details.
- The NHS will never ask you for your PIN or banking password.
- The NHS will never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine.
- The NHS will never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport, driving licence, bills or pay slips.