The West Yorkshire Combined Authority has put in place several measures to assist local people in getting to community vaccination centres by public transport, including a journey planner facility on their website (see below) – plus they are extending concessionary travel times for people travelling to the vaccinations.
- Concessionary Travel: Rules around concessionary travel will be relaxed, as holders of free bus passes (issued to older and disabled people) will be able to travel free on public transport before 9.30am if they are going to or from a coronavirus vaccination appointment. Pass holders will be asked to show their appointment letters, texts or emails to the bus driver. Concessionary Travel Passes can be used after 9.30am weekdays and all day at weekends and public holidays.
Plan Journeys To Calderdale Vaccination Centres
Here is a list of Calderdale’s Vaccination Centres. You can plan your journey by bus and train to them by clicking on the link beside it.
- Bankfield Surgery, HX5 9BA Plan a journey
- Northowram Surgery, HX3 7JE Plan a journey
- Nursery Lane Medical Centre, HX3 5TE Plan a journey
- Spring Hall Surgery, HX1 4NJ Plan a journey
- Todmorden Group Practice, OL14 5RN Plan a journey
Plan Journeys To West Yorkshire’s Large Community Vaccination Centres
Below are details of how to get to the four large community vaccination centres for West Yorkshire:
- Bradford, Jacob’s Well is a few minutes walk from Bradford Interchange. The vaccination centre is in the Jacob’s Well car park on Nelson Street.
- Huddersfield John Smith’s Stadium – From Monday 8 February there will be a half hourly shuttle bus operating between Huddersfield Bus Station (Stand B), the Rail Station and John Smith’s Stadium, operated by Stotts Coaches. Link to pdf timetable – VAC1
- Leeds Elland Road Stadium– the Elland Road Park & Ride service will operate with buses at least every 10 minutes between Boar Lane in the City Centre and the vaccination centre. A new bus stop close to the vaccination centre will be provided. Link to PR1 timetable – PR1
- Wakefield, The Spectrum Community Health Centre CIC – Wakefield Free City Bus now serves the Spectrum Community Healthcare CIC, stop 4A, near The Hepworth Gallery, every 10 minutes from Wakefield Westgate and Kirkgate rail stations and Wakefield Bus Station. Link to the timetable – Wakefield freecitybus | Metro (wymetro.com)
Plan Journeys To Other West Yorkshire Vaccination Centres
Here is a list of the other Vaccination Centres in West Yorkshire. You can plan your journey by bus and train to them by clicking on the link beside it.
Note: Due to some short notice changes, some times may not be up to date on the journey planner.
- Canalside Healthcare Centre, BD16 4RP Plan a journey
- Barkerend Medical Centre, BD3 8QH Plan a journey
- Low Moor, BD12 0TH Plan a journey
- The Ridge, BD7 3JH Plan a journey
- Whetley Medical Centre, BD8 9DW Plan a journey
- Woodroyd Medical Practice, BD5 8EL Plan a journey
- Castleford Civic Centre, WF10 4JH Plan a journey
- Holme Valley Memorial Hospital, HD9 3TS Plan a journey
- Long Lee, BD21 4TT Plan a journey
- Alwoodley Medical Centre, LS17 5DT Plan a journey
- Beeston Village, LS11 8PN Plan a journey
- Bramley Village Health and Wellbeing Centre, LS13 2BL Plan a journey
- Craven Road Medical Practice, LS6 2RX Plan a journey
- East Leeds Medical Centre, LS9 9BL Plan a journey
- East Park Medical Centre, LS9 9JD Plan a journey
- Ireland Wood Surgery, LS16 6FR Plan a journey
- Kippax Health Centre, LS25 7JN Plan a journey
- Lingwell Croft, LS10 3NB Plan a journey
- Oakwood Lane Medical Practice, LS8 3BZ Plan a journey
- Priory View Medical Centre, LS12 1HU Plan a journey
- The Grange Medical Centre, LS14 6NX Plan a journey
- Woodhouse Health Centre, LS6 2SF Plan a journey
- Yeadon Health Centre, LS19 7PS Plan a journey
- Shenstone House Surgery, LS27 7PX Plan a journey
- King’s Medical Practice, WF6 2AZ Plan a journey
- Bridge Street, LS21 1BQ Plan a journey
- Church View Health Centre, South Kirkby, WF9 3AP Plan a journey
- Hillfoot, LS28 7QR Plan a journey
- Shipley Health Centre, BD18 3EG Plan a journey
- Windhill Green Emerald Suite, BD18 1QB Plan a journey
- Wetherby Health Centre, LS22 6JS Plan a journey