Here’s the council’s list of food banks operating in Calderdale – more info on the council website
Hub 1 – Gathering Place/Ebenezer
- Gathering Place (hot food take away) on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays from 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
- Family Food Parcel Collection Service – Ebenezer on Fridays from 10am to 12noon (families with children).
- Food Parcel Collection Service – Ebenezer on Saturdays from 10am to 12noon (1 adult per collection).
Please contact the Christians Together Team if:
- You feel that you cannot attend the Food Parcel Collection Service for COVID-19 related medical reasons;
- or you need to collect an emergency parcel.
- Phone: 01422 647390 or 07593 820411 (mobile).
- Address: Ebenezer Methodist Church, St James Road, Halifax. HX1 1YS.
- Facebook pages: The Gathering Place.
- Donate: Via Local giving or Facebook.
Open on Fridays 1pm to 3pm.
- Mobile: 07540 306496.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Address: Commercial Street, Brighouse. HD6 1AQ.
- Facebook page: Brighouse Central Foodbank.
- Donate: Via Facebook page.
Open on Saturdays from 9.30am to 12pm.
- Address: St Marys Church, Todmorden. OL14 7BD.
- Website: Todmorden Food Drop In.
- Facebook page: Todmorden Food Bank.
- Donate: Via Local giving.
The hubs are working in partnership with neighbouring food banks listed below:
Open on Saturdays from 10.15am to 11.45am.
- Phone: 01422 364620.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address: Southgate Methodist Church, Langdale St, Elland. HX5 0JL.
- Facebook group: Southgate Methodist Church.
- Donate: Contact the food bank directly.
Food Parcel Service
Covers: Park, Warley and the immediate surrounding areas.
St Augustine’s Centre, Halifax/HIMMAT/Halifax Opportunities Trust
Open for requests by phone or email on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am to 12noon. You will be given details of where/when to collect your parcel.
- Mobile: 07741 643707.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Facebook: Halifax Opportunities Trust.
- Donate: Via GoFundMe.com.
The Outback Take Away Lunch Club
Free hot food every Tuesday to take away (for local people in need) from 12 noon until 2pm.
- Address: The Outback Kitchen, Lightowler Road, Halifax. HX1 5NB.
St Augustine’s Centre
Open on Mondays and Thursdays for hot meal take-aways from 12.30pm.
- Address: Hanson Lane, Halifax. HX1 5PG.
- Facebook: StAugustinesCentreHalifax.
- Donate: Via Give.net or Facebook.
Note: Professional referrals only. At the moment this is being supported by The Hub Cafe at Threeways.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address: New Beginnings Church, Nursery Lane, Ovenden. HX3 5SW.
- Facebook: North Halifax Food Bank.
- Donate: New Beginnings Christian Centre Food Bank, Sort code: 20-98-98, Account: 9378244.
Brighouse Focus4Hope Food Parcel Delivery Service
- Covers Brighouse and surrounding areas.
- If possible, email your request.
- Online ordering coming soon.
- Phone: 01484 943022.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Focus4HopeUK/.
- Donate: Via the Focus4hope website.
Old Library, Cornholme
Please note: Check on Facebook to see if the food bank is opening on its scheduled days.
- Mondays from 11am to 11.15am.
- Phone: 01706 813222.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address: 1 Parkside Road, Cornholme. OL14 8QA.
- Facebook page: Old Library Food Bank.
- Donate: Via Local giving.
Noah’s Ark Centre
A temporary ready meal and food parcel delivery service (tinned items, dry goods, toiletries, feminine hygiene and baby items).
- Phone: 01422 364664.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Address: 322-326 Ovenden Road, Halifax. HX3 5TJ.
- Facebook page: Noahs Ark Centre.
- Donate: Via Noah’s Ark website.
AICP Sunniyy Centre
Food bank drop-in open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1.30 to 2.30pm.
- Phone: 01422 255883 (for home deliveries).
- Address: Jeelaaniyy Hall, Francis Street, Halifax. HX1 5JY.
- Facebook page: Sunniyy Centre.
Counselling and IT support is also available.
Calder Community Cares Food Share Scheme
The scheme covers Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd and works in partnership with The Co-op.
Free food (usually bread, rolls, pastries, salad and veg) distributed daily to those who have registered with the scheme.
Halifax Community Fridge (at Madni Mosque)
A place where individuals or businesses can leave surplus food and others can pick it up for free.
Operates daily from 12noon to 3pm.
- Address: 117 – 131 Gibbet Street, Halifax. HX1 5LE.
- Mobile: 07551 711506.
- Facebook: Halifax Community Fridge.
Please note: Other organisations also support their clients with food. This includes Mothershare, Lighthouse and Smart Move.
Street based provision
West Yorkshire Poverty Network’s guidance is that these should not take place. This is due to concerns about social spacing and the spread of the virus.