The Government has published information on how the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) can help you if you have difficulties claiming benefits because of a disability or health condition.
A new section on their website is to be regularly updated as the DWP improves its accessible communication services.
The DWP says it can make adjustments if your disability or health condition means that you have (click links to their new info):
- Difficulty using the phone
- Difficulty using a computer
- Difficulty reading letters or filling in forms
- Difficulty attending face-to-face meetings
- Difficulty managing your own affairs
The DWP says that it now working to have a link placed on all relevant pages for customers to easily find the above information.
However, if you feel that a DWP service or information is not accessible, you can make a complaint.