The NHS has a newly recruited army of Volunteer Responders who are available to help vulnerable people in a variety ways.
Please note, you should only get in touch if you fall into one of the following categories:
- People aged 70 years and older with underlying health conditions
- If you are in the ‘extremely vulnerable’ to COVID 19 group and have been sent a letter asking you to shield from the virus
- People who are pregnant
- If you are newly socially vulnerable as a result of COVID 19
- People who are registered disabled
- Others with high-risk conditions could include:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People with serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised including because of cancer treatment
- People of any age with severe obesity e.g. body mass index (BMI) over 40
- Certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, dementia, renal failure, or liver disease might also be at risk
If you meet any of these criteria and need help collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies or just want a telephone ‘check in and chat’ to help prevent loneliness, please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm)
For more information or to read their FAQs, please click here.