Last spring, Hebden Bridge Disability Access Forum (HBDAF) updated its Step-free Map of Hebden Bridge, showing safe routes for people with mobility or visual impairments, and its access guide showing places with step-free access, accessible toilets and hearing loops.
With the festive period under-way, HBDAF now welcomes some new additions to its Step Free Access Guide (pdf download)
- The Crown Inn, Crown Street, Hebden Bridge, now has step-free access at its side entrance on Cheetham Street. It also has a level access, ground floor toilet which may be usable by some wheelchair users who can stand to transfer.
- Origano Pizza & Grill, 2, Market Street, Hebden Bridge, has step-free access and a ground floor toilet (toilet not wheelchair accessible).
- Valley Organics New shop at 16, Market Street with step free access.
- Weighsted at 14, Bridgegate, step-free access. A Zero Waste shop, buy by weight.
- Word of Mouth Art, craft and sewing supplies, 2 Wragley House, Valley Road, step-free access at rear entrance.
- Café Mijo, 4 – 6 St George’s Square has step-free access by a portable ramp.
- The Remedy, Wine shop and bar, Crown Street has step-free access.
- The Egg Factory, Victoria Road. Screen printing and co-working space, step-free access by portable ramp, recently provided by HBDAF.
HBDAF meets on the third Monday of each month at 2.30 to 4.30pm in Hebden Bridge Town Hall. They love to welcome new members with any kind of disability or health condition. Please join them on Monday 16 th December, or contact us on email@example.com phone 01422 844914.