West Yorkshire Police have offered some advice on crime prevention and home security in a number of leaflets that can be downloaded;
A summary of the information is as follows;
Love your locks. You deserve the highest standard
- Are the cylinder locks on your uPVC doors up to standard?
- Do they stick out from the door handle?
- Is the door handle secure?
Sneak in burglars want what’s yours. Always lock your doors and windows
- “I’ll lock the door when I’ve finished my tea”
- “We just lock the door before we go to bed”
- “I just leave my bags and laptop by the door when I get in”
Patio doors or a shop window to your home?
- Are your patio doors a bit secluded?
- Are they as secure as they could be?
- Do you leave attractive items on view through them?
- Is your car your pride and joy?
- The biggest purchase after your house?
- Are you doing everything yo can to secure and protect it?
Burglary protection advice. Put it out of sight, locked up day & night
- “I was in a rush to get out”
- “I’ll just move the stuff when I get back in”
- “Nobody is really going to look through the window when I’m out are they?”