It’s tough for parents to find out their child might have a learning disability. Especially if it’s not something the parent has ever experienced before. Of course, there is so much information to sift through that it can become incredibly overwhelming, especially if the diagnosis is unexpected or comes later in the child’s academic career. Fortunately, there is an abundance of expertise available to help children and teens with learning disabilities overcome their obstacles.
To help eliminate some of the frustration parents face, here’s a list of online info and resources.
- Understanding Dyslexia and How to Help Children Who Have It
- The Importance of Self-Esteem for Kids With Learning and Attention Issues
- Parenting Tips for ADHD: Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Create an Autism-Friendly Environment for Kids
- How to Discuss Puberty with Your Child Who Has Special Needs
- Creating the Optimal Environment for a Kid with ADHD
- Teens with ADHD: Recognizing Signs of Depression
- Teaching the Person with Autism How to Drive
- Coping With Stress: A Guide For Struggling Parents